Prohibited: Gay Kiss at Heart of the Darkness

|

"A gay-friendly bar"

That's the promotion of the so-called gay-straight bar – Heart of Darkness.

But last Saturday, a good friend told me that he himself is asked by one of staff of Heart of Darkness not to kiss with his guy there and then.

The Story.
My friend told me, that he just got a hook-up at Heart of Darkness. They're just talking in the SIDE and NOT in the dance floor. And suddenly the heat came up, they try to kiss there, not in the dance floor (basically in front of the girl's wash room, near the billiard table) if you notice – there's a post there.

And then after a few minutes – a staff came to them and tries to talk to my friend in Khmer (Cambodian Language) but he's not a Cambodian so he wouldn't understand. But he's not stupid at all because the staff tries to pull his guy away from him – so he knows that it's about the kiss. My friend was telling to this staff that he's not Cambodian but this staff wouldn't mind listening.

So no choice for my friends but to go home.

So where's the gay-friendly bar?
(my eyebrows are raising)

***I used the term "staff" because I want to clear that it's not the security nor the bouncers that asked them to stop. A guy who wears Heart of Darkness shirt and an I.D.

How about you? or someone that you know who had bad experience at Heart of Darkness or in other places here in Phnom Penh? shout it out at queercambodia@gmail.com And let's show them what we've got.

1 comments:

Vampire in love said...

surprisingly, i never heared that rule before. fortunately i have not been warned for kissing there as i kissed with a man twice in Heart!

Post a Comment