The term – Gay Friendly

|
Part of my vacation is because of this word – “Gay Friendly”

People who’s been reading my blogs – and reacting good and bad.
And taking this term into an explanation.

Well, Blue Chilli is a gay-friendly bar – but for what I see the term should be “Straight Friendly” rather than “Gay Friendly”.

Likewise to the other establishments that called themselves a Gay Friendly business.

Got my point? Very odd.

Anyway, my point is..it’s like you’re not embracing your business by saying you’re a proud gay establishment.
Well that’s me.

Anyway, it’s just a thought. No debate. I’m an open minded person.

But I want to acknowledge my friend who owns Fly Lounge…he prefers not to put label on his bar – it’s not only for straight, it’s not only for gays, it’s not for expats and not labeled as khmer – It’s a Bar!

_____

Out of the topic:

Friends, give me time to establish my sort of “Straight Friendly” Blog. I’m arranging stuff, new home and better place to search on…

And maybe next week, I’m starting to put the latest happening about the colorful life here in Cambodia.

_____

Phnom Penh Gay Pride update: QueerCambodia and Blue Chilli bar is doing creatives for the Phnom Penh Gay Pride. And there’s a meeting again this coming Saturday – same place before.

That’s all.





queercambodia@gmail.com