Noted. Apologies.

|
I knew this is gonna happen.
I just received an email from a guy (i'll not state his name, for his privacy) And shared what he thought is true.

The email stated this:

Subject: Misrepresentationof a fine hotel

While I appreciate the ever expanding services and voices of the emerging Gay community here in Cambodia of which your site and blog is one, I must say that I was shocked to read your review of the Manor House Hotel.

I have been a customer of the Manor house hotel for two years as I live in Cambodia and own a hotel in Sihanoukville. I can tell you that you have misrepresented the Manor House terribly in your blog. You may certainly NOT "fuck your brains out in the pool". The manor house is a Gay Friendly establishment that caters to a wide variety of people straight and gay, business people, families and tourists as well as us Expats.The owners run a very well managed and respectable business. I would urge you to contact the owners and visit it yourself to see that your blog has done a disservice to the Manor House and very likely may have cost them business.

I am sure you meant no harm but you have been very badly misinformed about the kind of establishment the Manor House is.

While I value freedom of speech, I believe it comes with the responsibility to make sure you have your facts correct. This is especially true if you write any kind of publicly read magazine, blog or other type of publication.

In the interest of fairness, accuracy and good journalistic ethics please contact the owners so they can more accurately inform you of the type of hotel the Manor House really is. This is a small community and we should be supporting each other in positive ways.

We look forward to your correction of that article and wish you the best in the future.

---end---

Ok, nothing to explain. Right?
I was wrong.

I'm so sorry, especially to the owners of Manor House, it's just an expression to put a little spice into the review, I'm so sorry. Apologies. I know it's the responsibility that come through everything that you do.

And yes, I do believe in supporting each other through whatever because gay community, especially here in Cambodia is little. Once again, my sorry.

And to be fair, after doing the blog, I had tons of question regarding Manor House, and I can't do any but to give your contact details.

Hope everything clear.

Love and Peace.
QueerCambodia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely little guesthouse.

Anonymous said...

I second the "lovely". It's a classy place, and the owners - particularly the Australian man - are charming. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to ANY of my friends, straight or gay.

Post a Comment